Translate

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Shoe books

Kirsty Alley is no lover of flat feet and thinks heels are very sexy. She recently admitted on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” that her recent weight-loss was due to her passion to dance in stilettos. "You never see a stripper in flip-flops," she said quipped. Kate Moss loves him, Sarah Jessica Parker adores him, and Madonna thinks he's better than sex. Now you can read his biography. Shoe designer extraordinaire, Manolo Blahnik has released a new book entitled Blahnik by Boman . This is a collaboration with photographer, Eric Boman and features the shoe designer talking about his long career. The author shares many anecdotes as well as discusses his creations and their inspiration. The book is tastefully illustrated by Boman which provides a wonderful photo essay by itself. The concept for the book grew out of the success of Blahnik's exhibition at London's Design Museum in 2003. The forward is written by Paloma Picasso. 'Blahnik by Boman' is published by Thames & Hudson. Meghan Clearu has writtent and interestring boot entitles The Perfect Fit: What Your Shoes Say About You.

1 comment:

thomas said...

I really must say this is one of the most beneficial blogs I have ever come across. I am not just saying that to kiss up to you! I am doing a research paper for my master degrees and spent the last 10 hours (and 12 cups of coffee) researching this area topic. So many blogs have generic information but yours is different. I can actually apply some of this information to my works. No worries I will give you credit in my references. I took it upon myself to put you in my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Many thanks!clone golf equipment.