Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fit Flops: Buns of steel?

Fit Flops are new thongs on the block which give a micro-wobble board workout-enhancing effect according to manufacturers that helps tone thighs, calves and gluteal muscles (but). The sandals with the potential to make the fanny (derrière) smaller and legs leaner is the brainchild of Marcia Kilgore, former personal trainer and entrepreneur. Based on the negative heel earth shoes (recently reprised in Masai Barefoot Technology training shoe)the prototype sandal was design by London podiatrist Dave Cook and Darren James at the Centre for Human Performance at South Bank University London. The Fit Fips are marketed to tired executives and couch potatoes too busy or lazy to take regular exercise. The new shoes are available on a limited run and sold through a small number of outlets and the web. Intelligent marketing at work here because it instantly appears the new range is so popular it has sold out already. This marketing ploy is regualrly used by sneakers manufacturers to create an artifical demand. Fit Flops are manufactured in China and come in UK whole sizes 4-8, red and black and retail for £36.

5 comments:

Vivienne said...

Got my pair from Totally Fitness, they're great. They look good, feel comfortable and are much cheaper than MBTs.

Anonymous said...

i really cannot get over this shoe. i first read about it on the website http://collegecandy.com/style/2855. i was told my some friends that it really does work! i am so lazy so i guess i'm buying a pair :)

Liz said...

I am not lazy - I walk 2 1/2 miles a day in total to and from work. I have bought a pair (they arrived today) as I have developed shin splints and was advised that the fitflops could help. If they tone all that they are supposed too as well as stop the excruciating pain in my shins, I will be a very happy girl

Anonymous said...

does anyone know if there is a difference between the mbt and the fit flop? I see the price difference is huge, was wondering if the mbt is better? They both seem to be doing the same thing but I dont know for fact.

fit-flops said...

I have a pair of fit flops and feel they are most comfortable to wear. I wasn't sure if they actually toned my leg muscles, until i put on my knee high boots for the first time in ages. When i was pulling up the zip, i was amazed at how quick the zip pulled up. Normally i would have to hold the zip together and push my skin inside the boot. I was so shocked to see i have lost some fat in my calf area, which i always wanted to happen. I would say the claim to tone legs is true, as i have seen the results.